Sunday, July 20, 2008

Life and pacifism

If humanity is to rebuild a new society, I think that it must follow certain precepts without hypocrisy in order for it to flourish. This is where it must differ from the communist revolutions, for example the Russian revolution where Lenin gave the workers human rights but eventually retracted them as he found that the economic progress was not sufficiently big for him. ( I know that this is a massive oversimplification, but I still think that it is significant).
If we base society on certain principles, I think that these principles must not be absolute, but relative in terms of pacifism, for pacifism is the decision to not harm life and in any community, the lives of the citizens must be more important than any rules manifested by the principles by which that community was made.
Therefore, I think that a society must be based on pacifism to protect its citizens for the future.

No comments: